To combat the strict stereotypes that Disney princes and princesses represent, some geniuses at Imgur have started swapping the genders of Disney characters. Genderbent Disney shows that Disney clearly gets a little lazy when it comes to reusing their character molds, making it surprisingly easy to look more feminine. To make a male character look more classically feminine, for example, all you need to do is round the chin, soften the jaw and make the nose a little slimmer.
But with the simplicity of these alterations — a few millimeters of nose, a different hairstyle — Disney accidentally makes a meaningful point about the fluidity of gender expression.
The “Nothing’s Impossible" show is open at the Mondo Gallery during the SXSW Film Festival through March 11.
Limited edition screen printed posters will be available for purchase until the show closes or until they are sold out.
- Beauty and the Beast (1991) by Martin Ansin - Variant
- The Black Cauldron (1985) by Francesco Francavilla
- Finding Nemo (2003) by Tom Whalen
- The Incredibles (2004) by Tom Whalen
- The Jungle Book (1967) by Olly Moss
- Alice in Wonderland (1951) by Ken Taylor
- Up - Carl Fredricksen (2009) by Mike Mitchell
- The Lion King (1994) by Tom Whalen
- The Black Hole (1979) by Kilian Eng
- Ratatouille (2007) by Aaron Horkey
to view more and for further updates visit Oh My Disney
4115 Guadalupe St. Austin TX 78751
Tuesday - Saturday, 12PM - 6PM
image courtesy of mondo gallery / oh my disney
Sincerely yours - The Breakfast Club
Jimmy Kimmel reveals how Joe memorized and recreated the entire David After Dentist video. XD
3月2日に放送されたポストオスカー番組”Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars”にて公開された短編と元ネタの比較動画。
ジョーは元ネタ”David After Dentist “を丸暗記していたようです。脚本には取り入れられていない部分まで、カンペなど一切使わず再現してみせたとのこと。
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Official Trailer